12 gallon stocking

skools717

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
San Jose, CA
so i sold all my tanks because i didnt have time for it but i decided that i cant stay away from the hobby so a friend of mine is selling me an eclipse 12 gallon for $40 and i couldnt pass it up

so i wanted it stock it with one aggressive carnivore, i wanted to do exodons but you need at least 10 in a shoal so i dont want to over stock

any suggestions?

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
you could probably keep something like Belenosox in there...not sure if I spelled it right. They are definitely predators that will feed on fish, if that's what you're looking for

a6715s

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Nebraska
I kept mine with a school of tetras; he never bothered them.

He ate 10 snails in the first 2 minutes he was in my tank. It was hilarious to watch. He'd circle the snail, find the best angle and then suck it out of the shell. He was very personable.

A

a6715s

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Nebraska
a6715s;3674486;3674486 said:
I kept mine with a school of tetras; he never bothered them.

He ate 10 snails in the first 2 minutes he was in my tank. It was hilarious to watch. He'd circle the snail, find the best angle and then suck it out of the shell. He was very personable.

A
I kept my dwarf puffer with a school of tetras... Sorry.

Sab_Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
I haven't tried it yet, but I plan on trying a pair of dwarf puffers in my 12G nano-cube . . . as I understand it, they are not aggressive and they love to eat snails

here is a link that you may find helpful: http://www.dwarfpuffers.com/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store