do you clean the algae off you back and side glass

joedodge

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
florida
i was wondering if others like all the glass in there tank to be spotless or if you let the filter intakes and side and back glass get covered with algae. i have some brown algae groing on my sides and back and filter hardware but kind of like it.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I normally try and get rid of all algae that grows in my tank no matter where it is, since i personally can't stand all the blotches of green / brown every where...

justonemoretank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2009
Virginia
I clean the sides. The back I don't worry about. I only have 2 tanks that have that algae, anyway, though. One is planted and not-quite-right yet (still experimenting) and the other is SW and the algae on the back glass is Coralline :D.

Akabir47

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
Home of the brave.
I leave the back alone because im lazy and dont want to move any lines and I think it also provides more algae for my pleco to munch on...

joedodge

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
florida
ok awsome now looking at it alot of the viewing can be done through the side of the tank il prolly just leave the back alone but clean ther sides

johnd651

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2009
CNY
everything but the back, and my plecos are picky eaters (that or spoiled) they wont eat the stuff off the glass

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
I usually leave it on the back (I don't have a background, so it kind of hides my filters and power cords) but I keep the sides pretty clean so I can see through them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store