Question about lifeguard

wvera05

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
illinois
Hi all im currently treating my 20 gal fish tank with a medication i purchased at petco its called an all in one treatment by lifeguard , I was a lil'bit decisive if i should get this particular one but i wasnt sure what was affecting my fish and it covers alot of the symptoms so im treating it now , anyone have any success with this, or am i wasting my time ?????
any suggestions would be apreciated

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
What are you treating the fish for?

If your treating your fish for a disease you don't know, then "I" would not treat it for anything.

bob965

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2009
MI
You'll have better luck posting in the disease forum and being very specific about your tank conditions and the symptoms of the fish.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
you shouldn't treat without at least having an idea of what to treat for/with, as some medications are very harsh

Sab_Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
my only #1 point is that if you use Lifeguard, I don't believe it should be used in a QT tank . . . unless they have changed something, I'm fairly certain it is meant to be used on cycled tanks only . . .

read the instructions carefully (which you should do with any medication anyway)

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
Sab_Fan;3676636; said:
my only #1 point is that if you use Lifeguard, I don't believe it should be used in a QT tank . . . unless they have changed something, I'm fairly certain it is meant to be used on cycled tanks only . . .

read the instructions carefully (which you should do with any medication anyway)
maybe I'm the only one who does this, but I have my QT tank setup and ready to go, so it will be cycled when new arrivals come

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store