Where do I get Cheep black sand

Delhezi B

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2009
Southeast pa
Where do all of you get your black sand? Im getting a 265 on tusday so ill need a good deal of it. The lfs is chargeing 20$ for a 20pound bag at that rate ill be broke very very fast.

Any help will be appreciated!

Chromobotia

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2008
Southeastern PA
I see that you are in my area. I shopped around for 250 lbs of CaribeSea Peace River and after being quoted $1/pound at some places I was able to buy it from The Hidden Reef for well under $1/pound. Obviously your price will differ depending on which product you choose and which manufacturer you go with.

Since you will be buying in bulk I would call the manufacturer directly and see if you can deal with them directly. In my case, CaribeSea doesn't deal directly, so I had The Hidden Reef special order some for me. If the manufacturer doesn't deal directly, they should be able to give you a list of places close to you that you could order the product through.

Delhezi B

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2009
Southeast pa
Good info. ill check with the hidden reef next time i go in there. If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for 250lbs?

Chromobotia

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2008
Southeastern PA
Delhezi B;3673525; said:
Good info. ill check with the hidden reef next time i go in there. If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for 250lbs?

I paid .76-.78/pound but that was for Peace River which is a very fine gravel. I know CaribeSea sells black sand but I haven't a clue if it costs the same as Peace River or not.

aquaculture

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
In search of Leiarius
well i go to my local landscape supply store were i can buy by the yard, can get black cinder sand for 30 bucks yard.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store