what footprint works best??

leopio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
So CAl.
so am finally going to get my first monster tank and was wondering what footprint would work best for the fish am planning on keeping. 72x30x24(225gal.) or 84x24x24(210gal.). Which would play a bigger factor width or length? fish am planning on keeping are:
Lyonsi, vieja zonatum, Bifa, pearsei, bocourti,robertsoni, and maybe carpintis. list is not final also what would be the best efficient filtration i could use and cheapest. wet/dry or canister?

CTU2fan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Port Orange, FL
Get the longer tank. With cichlids the extra length is more important re: territories.

Sumps are always going to be the most economical filtration, especially if you DIY it.

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
i always like deep tanks .. i want as wide as i can get it ... but thats because i want BIG fish ... like Pbass and rays .. so you need it .. if your never going to get into big fish like that .. get the longer one ... if you might want want to go with longer fish in the future i would think about getting the deeper tank ..

Sab_Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
agree on the comments above; want to go wider and deeper with the fish you mentioned, height not as important

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store