Great new incubation product!

varanio

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
Pam Pam Pam
Welcome To Squamata Concepts

Email info@squamataconcepts.com for shipping quote!!!
Total amount payable thru PAYPAL sales@squamataconcepts.com
This is how we will do it until we work out best shipper for the S.I.M.

Introducing the SIM Incubation Container by Squamata Concepts!!!
The S.I.M. stands for Suspension Incubation Method relating to how the eggs are incubated on a
grid off the substrate. This prohibits direct contact with a wet substrate and allows approximately
100% gas exchange between the container environment and the egg membrane.
Eggs incubated buried in dampened substrate are subjected to excess water which often results
in drowned egg(s). Also in contrast to this, too little water or humidity results in egg dessication.

Eggs incubated in the S.I.M. are surrounded top, bottom and sides by air. The steady
humidity and (possibly) better Oxygen absorption in these containers allows neonates to develop faster
resulting in shortened incubation times. Clutches incubated in this container have all hatched earlier than
when buried in Perlite at same temperature. All neonates hatched fully developed without egg yolks.
The triangular bars that you see on top of the grid are the eggs stabilizer bars. The function of these bars
is to keep eggs from rolling or being uprooted by clutch mates and they are fully
adjustable to fit just about any egg size. The S.I.M. incubation containers are crystal clear.This so the eggs can be visually monitored without having to guess.
The grid is designed to keep hatchlings from entering the substrate chamber.
For keepers who incubate over water, this feature ensures hatchlings are safe.
The lid is soft TPU that fits the container base without being difficult to remove and upset the contents.
We suggest venting the lid by adding a few small holes to avoid an air tight situation.
We welcome S.I.M. Container customers to post their egg pictures and give feedback to other users
in the forums. We will continue to update the site with hatch data for new users to refer to.

Thanks for visiting!

varanio

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
Pam Pam Pam
This will stay as a forum thread for a little while, as we gather some conversation about its functionality IF people are interested and want to learn more about the product. It is currently being used for a vast amount of species and can be taylored for incubation needs as the species requires. It has currently helped hatch gecko species, varanid species, snake species, and agamid species. All with different humidity requirements and most with 100% hatch rate. A very dear friend of mine John Adragna is the creator of this great incubation container and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask away here, once I feel that enough word has been spread out I will put this on as a sticky for newer members to get a gander at this great product.
If you do decide to purchase one of these sims please feel free to show successes on the web site and comment it here on MFK. They now have an interactive forum where comments and suggestions are always welcomed. http://www.squamataconcepts.com/

latshki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
prince edward island, canada
I thought gregg made these? or are the two of them partners?

varanio

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
Pam Pam Pam
evilxyardxgnome;3675477; said:
So all you do is put the eggs in the container and let them sit or do you need to place the container into a hovabator?
Good question bro, the sim container still needs to go in a heated room or in a hova or self made incubator. But because the eggs are suspended from the container the hatch rates have increased and in most cases the hatch time has decreased.

kenC56

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2008
Las Vegas
Can you just attach heat tape and a thermostat to this container? I am expecting some sav eggs soon. I may try this for them.

varanio

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
Pam Pam Pam
You may be able to do that as long as you put the sim in a steady temp holder ie. A closet or something along hose lines, avoid air drafts and you should be fine. Or stick them in a cooler and do the same thing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store