New Ray!

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Well my ray came in safe and sound despite the date being 666. The ray ate literally minutes after opening the bag. I ordered the ray from a great guy to deal with out of Nebraska and I hope he joins our sight soon. It is the same ray as the one in my ID thread. Most agreed that it is a Peru Motoro. It is interesting that the old castexi thread came up today as my ray looks very similiar to the ones miles posted in that thread.

Anyhow here are the pics. The rays colors have darkend considerably since these pics were taken. As you can see the ray is still acclimating.

100_5031.JPG

piranha_guy_dan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2005
canada
did you get it from brandon at rogers aquatics?

if so what is his pricing on the rays? i know he doesnt have any price list on his site as of yet.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
I did get the ray from Brandon and pricing was very reasonable. And yes Brent thats my little buddy. I decided to take a pic of him as he came in being very nosey. He is a hyper dog and barks like crazy when any one comes over and usually is scared of them and hides though, but my dad came to visit for the first time in a long time and as we gave each other one of those big aggressive man hugs Rosco (the dogs name) thought that I was getting hurt and went crazy biting the **** out of my dad!

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
I just put the ray in his tank. He (it is a male) is a little skinnier then I hoped but Ive seen alot worse. Do you guys still believe it is a motoro?

EDIT: wow these pix seemed alot better before I uploaded them here!

100_5039.JPG

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
looks great but he does look very skinny. fatten him up lol. good luck

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
He is currently eating earthworms right now. In fact I just got back from the shop to stock up on them again as he is tearing them down!

Iam worried as his belly looks a little irritated. Is this normal for a shipped ray?

Edit: WOW I just turned on the tank light and the rays colors are really showing now. Check it out!

100_5048.JPG

100_5054.JPG

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
congrats on the ray!

irritated belly? what was the ray shipped in? form or plastic bag?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store