1" Silver Datnoid - Sudden Death Syndrom!

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
Well I picked up six ATs the two days ago and one died each day following feeding. I have no idea what is going on. Water condition and everything is PRISTINE.

I feed them blackworms... they eat... I come back and one of them is on the bottom.... dead... no signs or warning as to why...

I've had fish die on me when I was young... they would heavy breath for a while and then float on its back.... this is however NOT the case... no warning at all. Just laying on its side, dead on the bottom.

What is going on?!!?:nilly::nilly:

408smokin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
At home
+1 for me too. My 8" dat died yesterday.. I don't know why either.. my water condition was fine as well..

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
Sorry to hear about your losses everyone. Still dunno why...

YGPM - pythonloose

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
I was going to buy two American Dats tonight... now I'm not so sure. I don't want to fall under the curse, but mine could use some company...

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
I used Parasite Guard.... So far no further loses. I noticed stringy white poop. This could be the culprit.

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
i had some <8" dats that passed away like that : | no symptom no signs : | its really depressing . i guess its really important to get em passed a certain size (like 10" ) to be safe

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
For ATs they grow to around 7" and slow down A LOT. Hard to get 10"ers... truth be told I have never seen large ATs... I've seen more large ST IT and NTTs than ATs... odd huh?

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
dragonfish18;3696936; said:
try some copper safe as soon as u notice heavy breathing
No more heavy breathing! Thank you for your advise going to get some copper safe for the future.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store