Success Stories!?!

aquaculture

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
In search of Leiarius
Well I would like some succes stories of Angelfish and Oscars being together?

How long were they together for ?

Are they still together ?

What was/are the tank dimensions they succeded in ?

Iam just still a little nervous about adding an oscar , was told some horror stories,

even though iam waiting till my angels get to their adult size, they are long finned.

Also thanks for the help everyone.

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
You wont find many sucess stories, oscars can be pretty agressive, and angels are fairly fragile. If you just want the look, try putting a divider in the tank lengthwise.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
if the tank is very large it could theoretically work out at least temporarily, but the sheer bulk of the oscar can be rough on the angel imo

Kcoastsurfguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
MD
If the tank is large enough could work, but Oscars can be a little rough and Angels are pretty fragile, I personally wouldnt try it.

aquaculture

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
In search of Leiarius
I should of clarified this, and i apologize if i come off as rude but i would like just for people to share their experiences of keeping angels and oscars together, if it was or is a negative experience please share if it was a posative experience you better share, and answer the questions provided in my first post.

If this thread dies due to me not wanting opinion but instead factual experiences then so be it.

uncwnells

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Wilmington, NC
I dont think that youre going to find anyone that has tried and succeeded with this, I dont even think youre going to find more than 1 or 2 people that have even tried it, but thats just my opinion.

StonerFishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2009
ontario
i had 3 angel fish about 2 inches big with my 8n inch JD a 7 inch tiger oscar and a small 3 inch red oscar all in a 95G. never even tried to mess with the angels. i had them in there for about 2 months then got rid of angels. only time there was any aggression is when i first added them the oscars just didnt let them eat but after a week the angels were eating just as much as any other fish

[enjoyable_attempt]

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2008
Cleveland Ohio
aquaculture;3706824; said:
I should of clarified this, and i apologize if i come off as rude but i would like just for people to share their experiences of keeping angels and oscars together, if it was or is a negative experience please share if it was a posative experience you better share, and answer the questions provided in my first post.

If this thread dies due to me not wanting opinion but instead factual experiences then so be it.

I apologize if I also come off rude, but putting those fish together is a really stupid thing to do if you know the nature of the fish. People on this forum are smarter then that, so you wont get much of any story, and definetly won't get any stories of this from the experienced users here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store