How to say this...

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
My teacher has a 5 gallon with two 4" comets a common pleco and a snail, unfilterd, filled about 3/4 of the way. The water is so dirty you can barely see in it. He is an angryguy, and I don't want to piss him off. So how should I tell him in a nice way that his tank is one of the worst I've ever seen?

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
TTTT;3707397; said:
My teacher has a 5 gallon with two 4" comets a common pleco and a snail, unfilterd, filled about 3/4 of the way. The water is so dirty you can barely see in it. He is an angryguy, and I don't want to piss him off. So how should I tell him in a nice way that his tank is one of the worst I've ever seen?
just stick a filter in and change the water and steal the plec when hes not looking lol

Plec123

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2009
North Jersey
chloe;3707405; said:
just stick a filter in and change the water and steal the plec when hes not looking lol
this could work. but, try explaining whats wrong with it in a calm manner.

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
If he is a teacher he would probably react better if you backed it up with facts. If he refuses tell the school its a health hazard, then possibly take the tank and fish.

raymondk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
southern california
just buy him a ten gallon for ten dollars and give him a filkter and tell him he cant keep the pleco in there

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
raymondk;3707421; said:
just buy him a ten gallon for ten dollars and give him a filkter and tell him he cant keep the pleco in there
None of those can be kept in there except the snail... A 10 gallon wouldn't do either.

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ
you don't, most teachers do not liked being challanged. The question is do you care more about the fish.... or your grade in that class.

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
I showed him a picture of a common pleco that was like 1' and he thought I was lying. Lol I would take the plec but he'd just buy another. he originally wanted a Red Eared Slider but I talked him into fish. I was thinking he'd get like neons, not comets and a pleco... :crazy:

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
same here a 5 gallon no filter a bunch of crappy plants a crapload of snails some ghost shrimp and a pleco
needless to say the ghost shrimp and pleco died within a month and the water is really murky
and btw theres nothing you can do unless he asks you first. u will come off to him as very ignorant if you are trying to give him unsolicited advice

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
TTTT;3707424; said:
I showed him a picture of a common pleco that was like 1' and he thought I was lying. Lol I would take the plec but he'd just buy another. he originally wanted a Red Eared Slider but I talked him into fish. I was thinking he'd get like neons, not comets and a pleco... :crazy:
awww, il try and find u my one that died this year at the healthy size of 2ft.

but the lodger just wiped all my pics off my comp so il see if its on photobucket

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store