fry overload!

franlovera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2009
Argentina
Hi, I'm having a common problem for livebreeder owners. I already have like 30 different fry that are pretty grown up and don't know what to do with them and then I look at the tank with the grown up guppies and platies and 2 guppies are about to have more fry. (a platy had fry a few days ago).

I didn't catch the platy in time and he had them inside the fish tank. There are 2 fry in there that are amazing at hiding and look like they'll survive (lots of floating plants and rocks and hiding places)

Do you think its cruel to leave the future fry in there instead of seperating them? I really don't know what ill do if i have to take care of another 30 frys.

Also, for the 2 frys in the big tank with the adult fishes, do I change the water more often in this tank. I dont remember my last reading but everything was almost 0, so the water is nearly perfect.

sostoudt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
va
buy some fish that eats them.

btw i had that problem to, and just decided not to keep livebearers

franlovera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2009
Argentina
I have them but i dont know... The parents and the other livebreeders eat them but its like. They're born, great miricle of life, and then bam... they're dead. If only i could just nuter them..

I know it might sound sorta stupid, but personally i think letting them die like that isn't right. But I really have no other option.

sostoudt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
va
franlovera;3707537; said:
I have them but i dont know... The parents and the other livebreeders eat them but its like. They're born, great miricle of life, and then bam... they're dead. If only i could just nuter them..

I know it might sound sorta stupid, but personally i think letting them die like that isn't right. But I really have no other option.
that is the problem. i felt the same way, but if you dont have a store that will take them for free. its better then you having to take the time to net them and kill them.

Zander_The_RBP

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
franlovera;3707751; said:
How are they starilized?
he was saying they should have sterilized ones not that they exist lol

lol sterilized livebearers thats a geat idea

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
imo live bearers are so over bred and un healthy that usually a few die anyways from just poor breeding and inbreeding, there is nothing wrong with letting the fry fend for themselves. i think thats what you were asking..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store