Anyone else's fish do this?

fishnoob

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2004
Martin,TN
When I clean my tank my male Trimac Cichlid will do this. I don't know why he don't get in the caves I made for him with the rocks. But he prefers to knock over my driftwood and lay under it like he's dying/trapped. But he isn't. I even moved it off of him tonight and he did it again...he will get out from under it when I am finished.

sao870

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2009
Chicago/Indiana
well more than likely it makes him feel safe for some reason only fish understand i just cleaned my tank no less than 10 min ago and all my fish all huddle up in the corner so i hope this helps. :)

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
from what I figure fish do this to make themselves as hard a target to hit as possible

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
I have two pumpkinseeds and three bluegill I caught a month ago. I cleaned their tank on Sunday and they now have NO fear of me. One of the PS let me grab him. They will eat krill from my hand it is very cool.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
the fish just feels more comfortable hiding like that...I've had hiding spots in my tank that some of the fish don't touch, but still scamper around during WC's even though a good spot is right there

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
My Midas does the same thing. I had a rock arrangement that he had dug out and would lay in there sideways just like your Trimac.

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
DMD123;3709766; said:
My Midas does the same thing. I had a rock arrangement that he had dug out and would lay in there sideways just like your Trimac.
My dovii does the exact same thing even though I put the graavel back into his hiding spot under the driftwood. I figure it gives him something to do when he has to dig it back out. :naughty:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store