''Stable'' dats????

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Now I am not a dat guy in the least but I really am curious as to exactly what a ''stable'' dat is or means????

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Ive been lucky,the two ive owned have both been completely stable,meaning they dont look all black or dark and you can really see the colours well eg the perfect black bars against the golden or yellow colour.
Some dats just stay dark or go dark when you put the lights on etc
someone will be along to give you more info im sure.

Steve

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Spwd is right. Stable tiger= solid black bar and bright golden base colour. If unstable both bars go dark or brown~ Or A mish mash of faded bars, both brown and black.

Now what makes them unstable or stable??? Well there's loads of reasons, but if you type stable in the search function, there are 28 pages of posts. endless info buddy. :)

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Good question, I always wondered about "stable Dats" too. It seems like this is the only fish associated with the term "stable". Arowanas have the "drop eye" issue, easy to understand. So basically it's a stress thing? Which could be caused by any number of things i.e just moved to a new tank, food, water quality and so on?

Is that a good summary of "stable"?

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
there has been tones of threads on this, not that we can't use this one but lots of info in others..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store