new to forum and trying to get back into the hobby

i(HEART)aceofbase

Feeder Fish
Oct 4, 2006
georgia
hello all
long time lurker and now first time poster. so here is the deal after being out of the hobby for quite some time and well looking to get back in i am looking for some advice.
the deal is i have one of two tanks i can set up at the moment. a 20 gallon long or a standard 20 gallon. i would like to house some small predatory fish if it is possible and am looking for advice.
any help would be awesome

thank you

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
You can't go wrong with exodons and you could do a school of 15 in your 20 long.

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
:iagree: Exodons are very cool. You could also do a pair of convicts, which are very hardy fish. Welcome to the forums! :D

Cakilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
Illinois
exodons are really awesome predatory fish , convicts are kool too, only problem I had when I kept convicts was trieing to get rid of babies, by the way you can go to you tube and see videos of both types of those fish

RapidSixGuns

Feeder Fish
Dec 18, 2009
Va, DC, Md
here's a thought, go with wild caught babies such as bluegills and/or bass. now here's the best part, when they overgrow your tank....just release them back into the wild.

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
RapidSixGuns;3715096; said:
here's a thought, go with wild caught babies such as bluegills and/or bass. now here's the best part, when they overgrow your tank....just release them back into the wild.
you really shouldn't release fish into the wild... they could contract an aquarium disease and spread it to other fish in the lake/pond where you release it.

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
:screwy:

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
Too bad that's illegal, not to mention a horrible idea.

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
exodons are very cool but kind of pricey , i would look on craigslist and go for a 55 gallon man. Alot more options and i find 55 gallons full set ups for 100 dollars. Then you could have many more options of fish.

this hobby is like a drug , once you start doing it, you need more and more.... after you have been out of it for a while , it only comes back harder and faster.

wow that sounded scary

Start with a 55 gallon !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store