Newly stocked tank

Vdub28t

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2009
Western NY
As of right now I have a 80 gallon tank and a 55 gallon tank(not pictured). I've been stocking the 80g and here's what I've got so far (all purchased from my LFS).

Stock List:
1 Shovel Nose catfish
2 Green Terrors
1 Jack Dempsey
1 African Pike
1 Common Pleco
1 (I'm not sure, acts like a pleco but looks somewhat like a catfish?)

I'm going to try and get a picture of the Pleco and the fish im not sure of later today. They like to hide so it's tough.

Hope you like it.

3.JPG

4.JPG

green1.JPG

green2.JPG

pike.JPG

pike + green.JPG

pike + jack.JPG

Shovelnose1.JPG

Shovelnose closeup.JPG

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Clean set up.

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
Just so you know ( because everyone else is going to say the same thing) the shovelnose and possibly the pleco will outgrow your tank. I don't know much about odoes, but they get pretty decent size also.

For now your tank looks good though, I would just keep an eye on the odoe, as he looks about big enough to make a meal of your shovelnose.

Vdub28t

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2009
Western NY
fisher12889;3716889; said:
Just so you know ( because everyone else is going to say the same thing) the shovelnose and possibly the pleco will outgrow your tank. I don't know much about odoes, but they get pretty decent size also.

For now your tank looks good though, I would just keep an eye on the odoe, as he looks about big enough to make a meal of your shovelnose.
Thanks for the info, I actually did some research on them before I picked them up so I have a 2-3yr plan setup going in my head. I plan to upgrade and pick up a 150G tank once I move into my new place(So I only have to move it once).

As for the Odoe and shovelnose...I picked up the shovel nose when it was half of its current size. They seem to leave each other alone for now at least..I hope it stays that way lol

Here are a couple more pics.
DSC_0905.JPG

DSC_0918.JPG

DSC_0919.JPG

GT + JD.JPG

JD close.JPG

JD front.JPG

Shovel close front.JPG

unknown.JPG

The last picture shows the Unknown fish I need to ID. Any help would be appreciated.

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Spotted Rapheal cat...

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
good looking dempsey, but you will have issues with the rapid growth of the shovelnose

congofeet

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
California
The TSN will grow pretty quickly so be careful. Keep an eye out for your smaller fish too once it starts getting bigger as anything smaller than 3/4 of its body will begin to look tasty. I very frequently refer to TSN and RTC as swimming mouths. Other than that nice setup.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store