possable fry

acerkai640

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2008
Lake Havasu City
i did a water change today and about an hour later i noticed one of my electric blue cichlid was doing circles in a cave. i started to watch because he was chasing everyother fish around. then he let one of my o. lithobates in his cave and she was doing corcles and fin waving with him. so i kept watching and she started to put her mouth to the gravel....now her mouth has dark spot at the bottom of is so i assume she is holding. my question is should i separate her and try to raise them or just let them fend for themsevles? would the be decent looking or just mutts? thanks

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
I don't know anything about mouthbrooders, but if you really need the info there is a search button near the top of the page...

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
they will probably look just like the parents, mine hybridized all the time, the females ended up light brown and the males brown with electric blue

acerkai640

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2008
Lake Havasu City
devder1;3719451; said:
they will probably look just like the parents, mine hybridized all the time, the females ended up light brown and the males brown with electric blue

do you mean your litho and electric blue or other fish you have?

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
acerkai640;3720123; said:
do you mean your litho and electric blue or other fish you have?
that was referring to back when i had my mbuna, the checkered brown female bred with the electric blue, and after a few generations of those babies breeding i had plain brown females and light blue males

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store