COCONUT CRABS FOR SALE?

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
Wow really cool but thats like a group order, unless the crabs are like 4kg a piece

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ although i'm not 100% sure, (since i rmb seeing them before as a kid) but don't these crabs get quite large... as in much bigger than fist size when fully grown? although the ones i seen in the pass i could of sworn were more of a black color...

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
arent coconut crabs the ones that get massive? or am i thinking a different crab?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Vicious_Fish;3718701; said:
Aren't the a CITES Red List species? I don't think we can own them here in the US.
Damn that CITES,I've wanted one or a few for as long as I can remember.

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;3718652; said:
arent coconut crabs the ones that get massive? or am i thinking a different crab?
Yeah, These do get massive, would be awesome to have.

coconut_plus_crab.jpg

EricIvins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2009
Florida
Vicious_Fish;3718701; said:
Aren't they a CITES Red List species? I don't think we can own them here in the US.
CITIES is CITIES.......The ICUN Red List is the Red List.......Neither have any bearing on each other and operate as different entities......Many species are Red Listed and are still CITIES 2 or 3.........Or aren't even on the CITIES list........

Now as for Coconut Crabs......The novelty factor would wear off really quick........Nothing like having a Crab the size of a small dog, that can sever fingers and break bones, hanging around in your bedroom/living/dining room and or your basement..........They just aren't Pet trade viable.......Food trade, hell yes..........

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Hmm, to have a skull-cracking crab or not to have a skull-cracking crab. Let me think.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
EricIvins;3719026; said:
CITIES is CITIES.......The ICUN Red List is the Red List.......Neither have any bearing on each other and operate as different entities......Many species are Red Listed and are still CITIES 2 or 3.........Or aren't even on the CITIES list........

Now as for Coconut Crabs......The novelty factor would wear off really quick........Nothing like having a Crab the size of a small dog, that can sever fingers and break bones, hanging around in your bedroom/living/dining room and or your basement..........They just aren't Pet trade viable.......Food trade, hell yes..........
Thanks for the clarity and all jokes aside Eric,if you can get one I'd love to discuss it with you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store