Would you sell it?

missmary

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
Boone, NC
Throughout the years I've gone through a number of tanks, with the number of tank running all at once peaking at 8. I've sold the majority of the smaller tanks with the exception of a 29g; it was used to house a couple of angelfish I had for the longest time, but those fish have just been relocated to a relative's 55g.

The only thing keeping me from selling the 29g is the fact that it was my very first aquarium. Yes, the very fish tank that got me into the hobby.

As previously mentioned, I've been downsizing and getting rid of tanks due to my being away at university and my family not having the time nor patience to maintain multiple aquariums. None of the other tanks I've sold had any sentimental value, so it was no problem selling them off for some extra spending money.

This one, however... what would you do? Keep it? Sell it? I thought about using it to house a blue tongue skink that I've been wanting for the longest while, but it's certainly too small for one :(

birmansandbettas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2009
the nuthouse
You can always reaffirm your desire to sell it, but once it's gone, it's gone. If you are feeling any uncertainty, I'd keep it for now, maybe even unused. Is your fam willing to store things for you, or have you basically moved out?

bob965

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2009
MI
Become a fishkeeping mentor to a young family member or friend, and give it to them as a gift. That way it can be their first tank too.

missmary

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
Boone, NC
birmansandbettas;3718015; said:
You can always reaffirm your desire to sell it, but once it's gone, it's gone. If you are feeling any uncertainty, I'd keep it for now, maybe even unused. Is your fam willing to store things for you, or have you basically moved out?
They still have a little bit of my stuff at home (including a 180g aquarium that is going to stay up and running) , but for the most part I have moved out into my apartment and don't have all that much spare room. The 29g has just been taking up time and space and they want it gone. Do you think keeping it in a garage without climate control would compromise the glass? I'm not so worried about the silicone seals, as it is overdue for a resealing anyways.

missmary

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
Boone, NC
bob965;3718027; said:
Become a fishkeeping mentor to a young family member or friend, and give it to them as a gift. That way it can be their first tank too.
My younger cousins that live with my parents are already the caretakers of the 180g I have kept running at home. They kind of want the 29g gone, too. Good suggestion, though... Maybe I can donate it to an orphanage along with a few little fish for Christmas :) Thanks for the idea!

birmansandbettas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2009
the nuthouse
If it needs resealing anyway, I don't see the harm. I don't think it would hurt the glass itself unless we're talking truly epic cold, and unless you went very far for college I'm guessing it'll be fine in the southeast US.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store