dam in xingu river postponed

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It says that damns contribute to 80%of Brazils power so it will probably be built eventually.

Plec123

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2009
North Jersey
i really dont like this dam business....

there are so many fish in these river systems...

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
littlevic34;3719362; said:
yea but if you lived in brazil would you rather have elctricity or none ???
there are alternatives, they are just harnessing what's abundant to them.

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
I think the last thing they need is to ruin their land like we did with ours in different parts of the world.

They're the stupid ones not learning mistakes that history has failed to teach. Let them build the dam then cry into it.

Zander_The_RBP

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Proteus;3719395; said:
I think the last thing they need is to ruin their land like we did with ours in different parts of the world.

They're the stupid ones not learning mistakes that history has failed to teach. Let them build the dam then cry into it.
AGREED

last i checked brazil was a 3rd world country they have more people on the streets than who could actualy use electricity. maybe the government should be spending their money helping out the poor rather than making the rich richer

IKeepPacu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Long Island, New York
being such a bright and sunny country (from what ive heard) im surprised they would even consider ruining rainforest and rivers for dams, and not making an attempt as harnessing all that sunlight for solar power. I would imagine it would be better to have large solar feilds, where atleast not ALL the trees, plants and animals are submerged, as they want to flood 8300 sq/mi for the dam.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Zander_The_RBP;3719431; said:
AGREED

last i checked brazil was a 3rd world country they have more people on the streets than who could actualy use electricity. maybe the government should be spending their money helping out the poor rather than making the rich richer
That's the reason they're 3rd world country with more people on the street, because there's no electricity! Would you rather stay in a dark, hot house, or go out to enjoy the sun and fresh air? :grinno: Electricity will bring factory, which means job, money....

IKeepPacu;3720891; said:
being such a bright and sunny country (from what ive heard) im surprised they would even consider ruining rainforest and rivers for dams, and not making an attempt as harnessing all that sunlight for solar power. I would imagine it would be better to have large solar feilds, where atleast not ALL the trees, plants and animals are submerged, as they want to flood 8300 sq/mi for the dam.
Cost effective ;) Even with solar field, you still have to knock those rain forest off.... Sun won't shine through those shade canopy! :grinno:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store