what are the freshwater baitfish?

ScubaChick0121

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
Florida
what are little baitfish that you can catch with a cast net in a lake? lol i catch them all the time

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
That would depend on what lives in your lake. It could be mosquito fish or they could be fry of something else. In Florida, options are pretty expansive. Get a photo.

IKeepPacu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Long Island, New York
the possibilities are endless in florida. theres so many fish that are not only native, but invasive and introduced, that it would make it virtually impossible to know without a pic.

just think of how many big cichlids alone have established themselves in floridas waters from being released from aquariums. nevermind tiny fish that every tom, dick and harry could have had in a tiny fish bowl and let loose.

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
Florida is overrun with Mosquitofish, though. I remember going to a drainage ditch and seeing some Cichlids...so I decided to toss some bread in to see if theyw ould come to the top...instaed, I got a mass exodus of Mosquitofish, including the mottled variety. It was literally thousands of them...it looked like a biblical plague lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store