My big female got me

Florencebigfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2007
Florence, KY
Was working on my filter box today and a pair of scissors fell into the pond and landed flat on top of her. So i reached down in there slowly to snag them and she snag me. Just barely nicked my right thumb. Hurt like a son of a b#!@h. Put it in scolding hot water for about an hour and a half and then put a hot back on it and tried to enjoy Christmas. Just to let you know it hurt like someone hit my hand with a sledge hammer. You know you cant blame it on her its natural instinct for them to do that. I guess i made myself to confortable around them in the pond. Like they say always know where they are and never under estimate them. It feels alot better now 8 hrs later but i still know its there.

FBF

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
OUCH, you are lucky she didnt get your arm.

random fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2008
NW Indiana
Dang, sorry to hear that. Do you have any pics? Sometimes I ask myself, am I getting a little to comfortable around my ray. He is the only thing in my tank that casts fear in me!

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
Damn dude..... that is like my worst fears about owning a ray. I've been noticing that I have become increasingly comfortable around them... almost too comfortable..

Hope you feel better!

Rochen28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2007
Singapore
You will get used to it, i have been wacked countless times in the hand. I count myslef lucky that i have no injuries to my body..image having to lie in a bath tub for 2 hours.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store