Pink Bristle Worm?

Gerry Wojo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Kenosha, WI
Well have had the tank set up for just over a year now & I thought there might be something living in there besides the Blue Damsel fish! Have seen a lot of sand digging under the live rock..Today before the lights came on there he was in plain view...We all freeked!!! What the heck is it? Now reading some of the posts found out he is the pink Bristle worm & he is good for the tank as part of the clean up crew...Thanks to all that have posted & replied to wonders of the salt water world!!!! Now any one know what are all those white things on the back of my tank? Thanks...

P1050587.JPG

Gerry Wojo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Kenosha, WI
Heres a couple pic 's of the little creatures... Anyone know what they are? I know about the little feather dusters but not the others...& how about all that alge on the black background? That can't be good?:popcorn:

P1050588.JPG

P1050589.JPG

P1050590.JPG

Reefbuff01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Miami, FL
I agree, most likely tube worms. They are harmless.
Algae is more of personal preference. Most reefers like algae on the sides and back of the tank - looks more natural.

If you do not like the tube worms or algae they can be easily removed with an algae scraper and a bit of elbow grease.

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Ummm... you mite want to be careful with that worm... it looks like one of the predator veriety, Hermodice carunculata, to be specific but hard to tell with that picture. Here is a good ID link for worms

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/hitchworms.html

Better safe then sorry with your worms, so try to get a positive ID as to if its safe or not, yes most bristle worms are harmless but a few are not and those are the ones that cost alot of time and money haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store