How do YOU care for your baby Indo's?

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
With all the baby IT's going around there has been many failure threads.....not to many success threads. So how have YOU been caring for your IT's? And how succesful has it been so far.

Tank size/aquascaping
Filteration
Airstone?
How often are you doin wc's?
How many do you have?
Feeding/schedule

I'll start
55g bare
Penguin 350 and tetra whisperer40, powerhead
Rena pump w/ airstone
Wc's 2x25% weekly
20 IT housed w/ 5 tiger barbs
Feeding live tubifex/frzn brine/bloodworms 3-5x daily

So far so good. They eat non stop. Gettn thick and growing quick! No losses...just happy dats here :)

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
75g bare
Fluval 405, Aquaclear powerhead w/ filter, 40G sponge filter, and a 24W Internal UV Sterilizer from Petsmart.
Wc's 2x50% weekly
31 - 2 = 29 ITs
Always have live Blackworms at the bottom the the tank in case they're hungry. Since they are live, I don't really worry about them fouling the water. Plus the tank, and the large amount of biomaterial, should cover their additional biomass.

UV Sterilzer was added because they have ich. Treating w/ salt as well @ 2lb/100G, used in conjunction with Ich Attack (100% organic ich treatment).

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
i failed horribly on first attempt! 2nd attempt is 12g bare with decor. visitherm is set to 80f. sunsun powerhead filter, tank is covered and no lighting the first day. no feeding until day two. i used to do this with angels and had a pretty good success rate.

david503bk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
Mamma's house
46 gallon rena xp3, ac70, and a power head all with pre filters. Had 7 3 died. All eating shrimp. Temp 86

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
FishNCash;3736914; said:
i failed horribly on first attempt! 2nd attempt is 12g bare with decor. visitherm is set to 80f. sunsun powerhead filter, tank is covered and no lighting the first day. no feeding until day two. i used to do this with angels and had a pretty good success rate.
get that tank to 87, make sure its cycled....feed live tubifex instantly. Mine ate in minutes...their tiny and always hungry. I always have some live tubifex in w/ mine.

David how did you lose 3? Any ideas?

david503bk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
Mamma's house
Man I don't even know. I have only lost a dat once in my life before this. The ones that died was the most aggresive eaters too. Go figure. Oh and to mention 2 was fork bars and one regular 4 bar.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
gangster;3737577; said:
get that tank to 87, make sure its cycled....feed live tubifex instantly. Mine ate in minutes...their tiny and always hungry. I always have some live tubifex in w/ mine.

David how did you lose 3? Any ideas?
why 87? I was told the preferred temp for these guys is 80-82. The tank should be cycled by now. I had it running since early December to now. I checked today and 3 dead.:nilly::irked: I think I will quit datnoids. I killed $100 worth of datnoids.:cry::cry::cry: I have to go get some black worms tomorrow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store