free male texas cichlid!!!

festerfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
p town, oregon
any one want my texan? im in portland, oregon i want to use his home for my breeding pair of gold severums. i would rather give him away than sell him to somone who doesnt know what they are doing

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
What is his temperament like? Who have his tankmates been? My Oscar has always lived alone, but I'm painting the stand for my 125g and should have it up within the week. If the wife approves, I could make this work. Please describe anything concerning his aggression levels and dietary pickiness. He's got to be an eater. I have little patience for fussy eaters in the long run.

festerfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
p town, oregon
knifegill;3738726; said:
What is his temperament like? Who have his tankmates been? My Oscar has always lived alone, but I'm painting the stand for my 125g and should have it up within the week. If the wife approves, I could make this work. Please describe anything concerning his aggression levels and dietary pickiness. He's got to be an eater. I have little patience for fussy eaters in the long run.
in a 125g he might be ok with an oscer? he is in a 55g now he started with a pirahna when he was about 4inch long, he was in a 40G than and got territorial and had his own side of the tank, tha perahna died probably from strees and got sike because every time the red belly would go to his side he chaced him away, at the time 3 feeders lived to grow big(i would allways have feeders in the tank hoping the fittest could servive, and could have a mix in the tank, so i than moved and upgraded to a 55g he lived in this tank with the three big gold fish, he than was about 7inches long and living with them and a pleco and a belly crawler(pike cichlid). the gold fish than died one by one, he would chace them like a game but the real aggretion mustve came at night. so after the GF left he was left with the pike and a pleco. the pike i took the pike out about 6months ago and put him in my 125G cause they were mouth resaling and the jaw of the pike was breken(he has sence recoverd great without handy caped) so than he started picking on the pleco and i took him out. so now he is all alone and happy moving the graval aroud and redecorating his tank. i would have to say he is on the boligerent side of the aggrestion, im not sure how he would react thogh to a fish that was his size. he is the farthest from picky though, i feed him a full diet of protien to algea wafers and when it rains i get night crawlers fron the side walk.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
in a 125g he might be ok with an oscer? he is in a 55g now he started with a pirahna when he was about 4inch long, he was in a 40G than and got territorial and had his own side of the tank, tha perahna died probably from strees and got sike because every time the red belly would go to his side he chaced him away, at the time 3 feeders lived to grow big(i would allways have feeders in the tank hoping the fittest could servive, and could have a mix in the tank, so i than moved and upgraded to a 55g he lived in this tank with the three big gold fish, he than was about 7inches long and living with them and a pleco and a belly crawler(pike cichlid). the gold fish than died one by one, he would chace them like a game but the real aggretion mustve came at night. so after the GF left he was left with the pike and a pleco. the pike i took the pike out about 6months ago and put him in my 125G cause they were mouth resaling and the jaw of the pike was breken(he has sence recoverd great without handy caped) so than he started picking on the pleco and i took him out. so now he is all alone and happy moving the graval aroud and redecorating his tank. i would have to say he is on the boligerent side of the aggrestion, im not sure how he would react thogh to a fish that was his size. he is the farthest from picky though, i feed him a full diet of protien to algea wafers and when it rains i get night crawlers fron the side walk.

I was thinking about it, but it sounds like he's been through hell. Sorry, not rolling the dice on this guy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store