Severums and angelfish - anyone tried/succeeded with this combo?

CTU2fan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Port Orange, FL
I've got a couple of large severums, they're not aggressive at all (other than with each other, 1 may have to go). Anyway I was wondering if it's even worthwhile trying to add an angelfish. I've already put in the jurupari and festivums, they're maybe half the size of the sevs, and the sevs ignore them. Any chance it could work?

fisheater

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Louisville,ky
Has always worked for me.

Shorty81

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2009
ENGLAND
I done it lots of times over the last Ten years.. I have had..

3 Adult Sevs with 2 Juvi Angels
2 Adult Angels with Adult Sev
2 Adult Angels with 3 Juvi Sevs

And i currently have 1 Adult Angel, 1 juvi Angel with 3 Sevs of varying sizes and a Blue Acara.

They never pay any attention to eachother.

My friend has Jack Dempseys, Yellow Labs, Geophagus Brasiliensis, Firemouth, Convicts, Oscars, Blue Acaras with 3 Angels also..for the last 5 years and has never had a problem.

CTU2fan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Port Orange, FL
Well then I'll try it. My JD also ignores everybody. My LFS occasionally gets large ones in for relatively cheap, I may grab some or maybe get some wild ones from someplace (I like the normal silver look).

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ
Any idea if you can keep Green Severum Cichlids with Sailfin Mollies? Or is that a recipe for disaster? Just starting a new tank and I have 2 green sevs and am trying to see what peaceful fish I can mix in. Gourami's too maybe?

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
I would think sevs and angels would be a brilliant combo, both my most favorite fish next to ebjd

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ
meghanashley;3739603; said:
Any idea if you can keep Green Severum Cichlids with Sailfin Mollies? Or is that a recipe for disaster? Just starting a new tank and I have 2 green sevs and am trying to see what peaceful fish I can mix in. Gourami's too maybe?

Andrew/ Krista? Haha I hope so, otherwise I have a serious mental disorder that I should take care of ASAP. If it is you guys, you should sign up, I've been hoping to see you guys posting. Can't wait to see your setup soon. Take some pics and post them. Hope I'm not talking to myself here:nilly:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store