How do people/guests react when they see your aquarium?

RobotDeathSquad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2009
Somewhere
Lol, I just had to ask this question! I know we all love our aquariums, but… sometimes we want to show off right? :grinno: I don’t have a monster aquarium yet, but I went to a friends house and he had one. I’ll share my story.

So my family and I went to a family friends house out of state for a fun day and dinner (July 4th). We arrived and went sightseeing, hung out etc. Later that night we went to their house for a dinner bbq and to set off fireworks. As everyone was getting the bbq going I had to use the restroom. So I went inside and asked one of the family members where the restroom was, they told me to go down a hallway or whatever.

I went down the hallway and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a glow coming from one of the rooms so I checked it out. It was a living/relaxing room of some sorts but they had like this huge (maybe 600 gallon) reef aquarium. Needless to say, :eek: I was mesmerized LOL. I went to the restroom as fast as I could and went back and just sat down watching it all. After about 40 minutes, the owner came in wondering where I was, started laughing and was really cool about it. We talked for a good 30 minutes as he showed me everything from the fish to the filters.

I missed most of the bbq but it was worth it! ;)

So… How do people react when they see your aquarium? What do they say or do when they see it for the first time?

ThaDude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2009
Billings
"damn he looks mean." in reference to the piranha
"damn he's huge!" in reference to the piranha

or

"wow you're really into this huh?" in reference to the number of tanks

irishfan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
New England
Having many tanks in a small apartment gets some odd responses, often curious looks as to why the fish and their tanks have more food and squared footage than me..

Haha. Most of the time when ppl take the time to look closely and see the coolness and beauty of the fish they can get into it.

Blue2Fyre

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
People usually comment on how clean my tank is. Or they think the invert tank is weird.

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
I've actually had an opposite from my guest.. or friends... Most come in and say.. wow.. thats alot of money... must be expensive.. etc... I dunno my friends dont get into it as much... they just see it as a fish.. my Uncle is diff.. he's into fish like me, so i dont get weird response from him..

It just depends on the individual.... if they have interest in it or not..

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
My old Senegal was a real crowd pleaser. She used to as entertained by guests as they were of her...lol
Most people said "This big tank [(Only a 39)] for just one fish?"
Or "Why don't you get something colorful?"
Well, those people won't like my new stocking for said tank, it's pretty much 8 shades of brown :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store