new here

reggie151

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2010
pgh, pa
Hi im new here. its been 15 years since i had a tank see at 1 point i had a problem. it all started with a 20 gal l tank and curly tail lizards. befor long i had the 2nd fl of my house filled wiyh tanks of all sizes with fish reptiles i even bread my own mice, rats, and gold fish. not to mention the chinchilla, ferrits, dogs and cats over those years. well after my divorce it always seemd like to much trouble and expence to start all over. untill my youngest daughter got a ten gallon tank 2 years ago well i thought about a nice size tank a few times while helping with hers. over witch time i have aquired 3 fair sized tanks the first is a 55 completeset up with enough equipment fot 2 55s no stand $100 the second was another 55 out for trash no leaks, no stand just tank, built stands for both to mach, twins. at witch point my sister had bought a 75 gal at the same time i bought 1 years ago but never got it up and running so its bee stored in her basement for like 13 yrs got this,a light, glass lid. and under gravel filter for $50. i already gave the first 55 to my daughter for a lavender albino king snake. the others are going to be african chiclids, the other will be oscar and pacu ect well jus thought id say hi

TheFishJunky

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2008
Jersey
welcome! Happy New Year! I wouldn't advise an oscar and a pacu in a 55 though. Just trying to help........

reggie151

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2010
pgh, pa
TheFishJunky;3747169; said:
welcome! Happy New Year! I wouldn't advise an oscar and a pacu in a 55 though. Just trying to help........
not set on those in 55 thinking the 75 for them. dont have fish yet still working on set ups hoping for like spring. lots to do. gota build sump stand for 75 canopy for all 3 tanks, 3d backgrounds ect. any help is appreciated

justonemoretank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2009
Virginia
Hi! Welcome to MFK! The Oscar would be fine in the 75, but Pacu can grow two and a half to three feet long, and wouldn't work.

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Welcome reggie,glad you want to get back into the hobby but an oscar may be ok for a 55 or a 75 for a bit but not long but a pacu is completely out of the question unless you plan on something like a 450g or a pond for life.

Happy new year.

Steve

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store