went to thie lfs and got this...

BALLER34IG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
NEW YORK
So earlier I posted a thread about getting a new fish. Some ppl said not to cuz of tank size so heres what i did. I decided to move some fish out into another tank. I put the severum in my 55, and put the palmas in there too, and I'm tanking the angel fish and setting a tank up for my lil sis since its the last fish my mom (RIP) bought here about 3 years ago. This is my bday present for her so that fish will be gone. So at the fish store i saw a fish i've been looking for. I've wanted a pike but couldnt find one until today. this fish was listed as a golden pike. Can't find too much on online tho. So my friend who owns the store said it will reach 15-18 inches maybe. He said it will take some time to get that big so he said i have a few years till i have to set up the large tank. Anyone know anything about this pike? Will have pics soon right now he's in a quarintine tank for a few days.

mdb_talon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2008
ofallon, mo
I dont know about a "golden pike", but there are dozens of different varieties and usually very hard to tell some of them apart. Maybe an orange pike they calling golden pike? Or maybe there is a golden pike I am not an expert, but never heard of that. Most of them have similar requirements though and will range in size normally from 10 to 16 inches. Often they will refuse to eat flake or pellet food. Need feeder fish and hopefully can get yours to eat frozen foods as well. Like many fish they will usually eat any other fish that can fit in their mouth. They grow quickly. Especially if he is still small give him lots of hiding spots they like to stay hidden when small, but at least in my experience they grow out of it as they get bigger.

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
BALLER34IG;3748037; said:
yea idk it may be an orange pike but mine is darker.anyone?
You'll likely get more insight once your pics are up...Can't really tell anything without them;).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store