How is this for a deal?????

Burtess

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Presently I have 3 X 75 gal and 1 X 90 gal stacked two high on extra tall custom steel stands. They are in my "man-cave"....
My wife wants to put an entertainment system on the one wall occupied by one set of tanks, she wants the Wii and stuff there so the kids can play etc. etc.....
She would like me to "downsize" to two tanks.... so I told her that I would but that they would be a bit longer and wider..... all she cares about is freeing up that wall..... soooooo..... I will be "downsizing" to two 180 gal stacked two high.
I already have a line on a custom steel stand that will accomodate two tanks of this size.

How's that for a deal?????? :nilly:

Burt:)

Burtess

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ontario, Canada
12 Volt Man;3747761; said:
sounds good. is Hamilton Manufacturing making the steel stand for you?
Nope.... its a used one made out of 2" tubing. I had emailed Hamilton Manufacturing a few times in the past about custom stuff and they never responded...????

12 Volt Man;3747786; said:
could you go crazy and put a 220 on top and a 180 on the bottom? that would be the ultimate :)
I am 5'8" so I don't have very long arms lol.... so 24" is plenty deep for me to clean...

Burt :)

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
Nope.... its a used one made out of 2" tubing. I had emailed Hamilton Manufacturing a few times in the past about custom stuff and they never responded...????
strange. big al's still orders steel stands from them all the time. if you want one custom done, get big al's hamilton to have them make you one. they probably never check their emails.

big al's I believe still faxes over the orders. perhaps they only check their fax machine??

Burtess

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ontario, Canada
12 Volt Man;3747905; said:
strange. big al's still orders steel stands from them all the time. if you want one custom done, get big al's hamilton to have them make you one. they probably never check their emails.

big al's I believe still faxes over the orders. perhaps they only check their fax machine??
I was trying to contact them directly to eliminate the "middle man" and get a better deal on stands when I had my other ones made. Found someone else to do it though...

Burt :)

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
ah I see. I know that 72x24 steel stands made standard (28" tall with 2 inch tube steel) sell for 300 or so at Big Al's, so yes, an even taller one would be even more. there is a big price leap from the 72x18 stands made with 1.5" steel (mine was only 146). I guess the 2" steel is a lot more expensive than the 1.5" steel..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store