do you guys think a goldfish requires a tank or is it ok in a smaller bowl??

perdeep007

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
new jersey
my wife bought me two smaller probally 2 to 3 inche gold fish and didnt know they cant survive with africans so i had an old vase, really big but kinnda more elongated than round, like a really really oversized beer bottle:drool:. was wondering if you guys think they will be ok in there???

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
If it's a 75 gallon beer bottle with a canister filter, then they will be fine. Seriously, though, you should spend the 10 bucks on a 10 gallon tank and keep them until spring and find a pond with other goldfish in it. Around here there are local parks and cemeteries with goldfish ponds. I'm sure if you talked to the groundskeepers or parks and rec. dept., they wouldn't mind 2 more.

TheFishJunky

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2008
Jersey
I will give you a 10 gallon free.It has a small crack in the top but it will not be a problem.I'll even silicone it for you if ya want.you'll just need a sponge filter at least and an air pump.I actually have some new in the box(corner box sponges)-just gimme what I paid for them and its yours.Where in Jersey are you?Or I'll just take the goldfish and deal with them til spring and throw them in my pond when I build it.

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
adriggsvt;3750282; said:
25 gallon vase?!?!? that must be for MonsterFlowerKeepers!
Man i new i was on the wrong site dang. I knew there was somethin wrong when i posted pics of my flowers and got responses of fish....:(

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
Wow, I'm suprised no flame war has started!
Seriously, goldfish get pretty big pretty quick. That vase would do okay for a while, I might recomend that you put an airstone in it. Eventually, they will need more spacious accomodations. Best thing for them is to find somebody with a goldfish pond.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store