inside your fish's head

zpetrichko

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2009
NY
Have you ever just sat and watched your fish, and you notice one thats not doing so hot and know that it likely won't live much longer, and then you watch some more, and everyone of your fish is almost like licking there lips just waiting for it to croak? i have a firemouth that is relentesly chased by another firemouth and its to the point where it really can't eat anymore. i don't have another tank for it so i guess i have to let nature do its job. However my senegal and 2 hujetas now seem to just be waiting for the firemouth to die becuase they have it backed into a corner and keep swimming up and messing with it until it puffs up its gills.

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Yep and the first thing they go for is the eyes:grinno:

steve

smartlove_518

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
United Arab Emirates
why dont you just give it back to the lfs for free..or give it to any of your friends with tanks..this is not nature taking its course because they are not in their natural environment..this is your fault for putting the fishes together so you have to take some measure..try putting a tank divider if you can and isolate the firemouth..

sao870

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2009
Chicago/Indiana
lol i knew this was gonna happen, as soon as I read about you letting nature take its course, to bad tho but more than likely the fire mouth is already dead

zpetrichko

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2009
NY
I didn't get it at a LFS i got it at petsmart thats over 50 miles away, there is no pet store close to me. take it easy man. we all have fish die its part of the hobby. I was trying to get an inside the fish mentality like what is that fish thinking about right now while he's licking him lips haha.

smartlove_518

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
United Arab Emirates
zpetrichko;3749857; said:
I didn't get it at a LFS i got it at petsmart thats over 50 miles away, there is no pet store close to me. take it easy man. we all have fish die its part of the hobby. I was trying to get an inside the fish mentality like what is that fish thinking about right now while he's licking him lips haha.
its your fish and your money..but i dont find it funny seeing my fish being picked to death by the other fish..good luck with the hobby,

mdb_talon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2008
ofallon, mo
Well I imagine your firemouth is thinking "man I wish this thing on the other side of the glass would get me out of here before they eat me"

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
zpetrichko;3749857; said:
take it easy man. we all have fish die its part of the hobby. I was trying to get an inside the fish mentality like what is that fish thinking about right now while he's licking him lips haha.
Having a fish die naturally and allowing one to get beat to death is a very different thing.

Ask Michael Vick.

A plastic tupperware bin from walmart, a camping cooler a bucket... there are lots of options that aren't nearly as sadistic or cruel.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store