SOME PEOPLE!!!(DUMB LFS)

Aquaguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2008
my house
OK. So this morning I'm looking around at the lfs and a guy comes in and takes a look at the arapaima gigas. The store clerk goes up and starts talking to the customer about the particular fish and the customer showing interest proceeds to ask if he could put one(arapaima)in his "huge" 60 gallon along with his northern pike, red belly piranha , and his two large tinfoil barbs. As you would expect from a story like this the lfs employee then told him it would work BUT, he "MAY'' want to upgrade to a 125 in the distant future....I'm starting to think that fish like RTC, pacu and arapaima gigas should be illegal just for the fact that probably 95% of these fish that are purchased aren't properly taken care of and end up dead or in a local pond or lake. :irked: sorry for the rant;)

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
Aquaguy;3749808; said:
OK. So this morning I'm looking around at the lfs and a guy comes in and takes a look at the arapaima gigas. The store clerk goes up and starts talking to the customer about the particular fish and the customer showing interest proceeds to ask if he could put one(arapaima)in his "huge" 60 gallon along with his northern pike, red belly piranha , and his two large tinfoil barbs. As you would expect from a story like this the lfs employee then told him it would work BUT, he "MAY'' want to upgrade to a 125 in the distant future....I'm starting to think that fish like RTC, pacu and arapaima gigas should be illegal just for the fact that probably 95% of these fish that are purchased aren't properly taken care of and end up dead or in a local pond or lake. :irked: sorry for the rant;)
:ROFL::ROFL:damn lfs!

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
You should have said something,i certainly would have,they need a slap sometimes:irked:

steve

zpetrichko

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2009
NY
I think it would have been perfectly fine if you had just said, listen buddy these fish are huge and have the opportunity to reach 6'

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
Thats horrible.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
zpetrichko;3749870; said:
I think it would have been perfectly fine if you had just said, listen buddy these fish are huge and have the opportunity to reach 6'
LOL,yeah,cut right to the point and move on.Where is this store by the way and how big was the pima?

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
wow

Zander_The_RBP

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
we need to start carrying around pictures and care sheets about all these fish Pacu, pimas, RTCs, Arowanas, cause i guarentee if you did say something the LFS emplyee would have siad your lying or something. Showing a picture of a full grown pacu or pima would definatly change their tone

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store