dovii with a fh anybody else done it ?

aquaman5000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2008
eastern shore virginia
ok so i have a 75 gallon tank with a 9inch flowerhorn and a 10 inch dovii but it seems the the flowerhorn is kicking thr doviis rear alllll over the tank im gussing i have a wussssy dovii ?

mdb_talon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2008
ofallon, mo
aquaman5000;3749970; said:
hmmm im thinkn bout dividing the tank then
You mean putting a divider in the tank? I am not sure of your 75 gallon dimensions, but am gonna guess 48L x 18W would be most common. If you divide it equally that is giving a 24x18 space for a fish that will get 15 or 16 inches at bare minimum(likely much bigger). Even at their current size that seems cruel. Maybe I misunderstood?

aquaman5000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2008
eastern shore virginia
then what else do u supose i do i live 30 min from the nearest lfs and even going that direction i have to pay a 17 dollar bridge toll 12 one way 5 on the way home and if i head north im lookn at 2and ahalf hour drive and i drive a full size chevy truck 4x4 not the best on gas mpg's

mdb_talon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2008
ofallon, mo
aquaman5000;3750178; said:
then what else do u supose i do i live 30 min from the nearest lfs and even going that direction i have to pay a 17 dollar bridge toll 12 one way 5 on the way home and if i head north im lookn at 2and ahalf hour drive and i drive a full size chevy truck 4x4 not the best on gas mpg's
Sucks for the fish. I would not have got a dovii in the first place for a 75g even if it was the only fish. Now that you have the situation seems your only options are be a responsible fish owner and bite the bullet on the costs to get rid of the dovii (through LFS or individual close by), or just do what many others do and let the fish live in conditions they can barely turn around in yet alone live comfortable. They will die a premature death eventually.

aquaman5000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2008
eastern shore virginia
well hears the thing i didnt buy nor want the dovii apparently my buddy got a trimac and the dovii and the trimac were fighting so he came over to my house and dumped the dovii in my tank i came home and was liek wtf ??

mdb_talon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2008
ofallon, mo
I dont really know your location, but with toll charges like that it has to be somewhat populated. Maybe try posting on Craigslist or even here at MFK that the Dovii is free if they pickup (make sure they know how big it is so they not taking it home to their 55g).

Did not mean to be too harsh with earlier post I just hate to see fish put in those situations and unless it is just not fiscally possible(not just inconvenient) I think people should do whatever is needed to find the fish a good home.

aquaman5000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2008
eastern shore virginia
i mean i wouldent mind keeping it but dovii and fh dont mix at allllll aand i cant afford to go bigger
and no the eastern shore is the polar opposite of urban this place is BFE the mainland virginia beach and norfolk and all that is the city

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store