Eastern Painted Turtle
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
IN
:confused:what makes them so hard to keep? is it cause:
1.)ppl dont do enough water changes?
2.)they starve cause i heard theyre hard to feed
3.)tank mates are to aggressive for them
4.)theyre cheap so begginers get to them..
so why do ppl say theyre so hard to keep???????????????:confused:

Vincentii

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2009
London, U.K
you again. lol! their not hard at all. some people on here just say they are hard to make themselves sound superior. rc's just need good water quality.

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
The hardest part for me was converting the retic to different foods, but my retic gave in and had no problems.

all_or_nothin

Eastern Painted Turtle
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
IN
i guess fresh water idk what u mean by that and yes me again and ok i think i would feed mine earthworms,bloodworms,mysis shrimp, and maybe some ghost shrimp idk.. the lfs could order in some for $50 but there would be no live garantee so its a great deal.

Vincentii

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2009
London, U.K
$50 sounds reasonable. in the u.k they sell for £65. and the diet you discribed sounds ideal. i feed mine mussel meat, raw prawns (with shell), frozen bloodworm and tetra prima slow sinking pellets. try to vary yheir diet and not feed them too much on just one food.

all_or_nothin

Eastern Painted Turtle
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
IN
maybe some beef heart every now and then... and its me again cause i want to kno im getting the right fish

Vincentii

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2009
London, U.K
try avoid beefheart on rays. its too rich for their digestive system. whitebait i would use rather than that. and beefheart can rapidly pollute the water.

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
If the retic/retics you are/might get are eating that good already, then it would be worth it. But, if they are eating just bloodworms, cut fish, smelt, black worms...etc only, then have fun converting them. IME, it was head to convert the retic to different foods. But you might have a better chance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store