what fishes to remove

Nikko112

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2010
Long Island
hey guys, after much talk with everyone, i need some help re-setting up my tank, and which fishes i will be removing. i currently have an Australian Aro, a Pike Chichlid, a Maganese, a Wolf fish, and lastly a FL gar. None of them seem to be fighting, but so far everyone told me its a ticking time bomb waiting to happen. the Aro is definently staying, which other ones should i keep??

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Ummm.....How big is the tank?

hybridtheoryd16

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2007
kentucky
If we are talking about a 300g+ tank then your fine and could add more.

If you have all that stacked in a 90g. Then you just need a bigger tank.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I'de worry about the gar as the aussie grows. he may not like the water table being shared by a similarly sized predetor. Aussie would win imo.. and it will be jekyle hyde from what I've heard. Mang imo may be able to hold his own. Pike depending on species may or may not work, imo yes.. they tend to stay low in the water table and are not just predetory but smarter then some of your "lunkers" ime.

set the stock you want while they're babies, and you have a better shot at compatability imo/ime But always be ready to seperate if need be. Use your common sense, and know your fish's aggression levels. Even as juvis you should see a pecking order in the tank. as adults they may scuffle if raised together.. but generally you'll have a harder time introducting mature fish together.

if you have the space.. I'de prolly take the wolf fish out 'n give him his own tank. Those teeth can do some major damage even if they're used just in defense, and all it will take is one bite. not worth it imo.

yeah alot of what ifs and maybes.. but there are no hard fast rules.. just experianced suggestions, common sense, knowing your fish.

and of course makeing sure you have the tank space to house these guys full grown.

phobull

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
In Yo Mind
I have seen a set up of Jardini's with red scats and barra's with heaps of drift wood i think that would look good.

Nikko112

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2010
Long Island
thanks man. ur advice really helped. i basicially got them all when small, adding each one in a week spand, the wolf is the newest one. but i will remove it. i am afraid of the teeth. Will my ausse aro get along with a silver aro??

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
Nikko112;3752439; said:
thanks man. ur advice really helped. i basicially got them all when small, adding each one in a week spand, the wolf is the newest one. but i will remove it. i am afraid of the teeth. Will my ausse aro get along with a silver aro??
depends on the tank size and temper of your aussie. they are well known for their intolerance of tankmates. but in some cases it does work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store