Shocked

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
Whenever I touch the water on my 5g, my finger gets shocked. Does anyone know why?

attackfish21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2009
Seattle, Wa
When that happens usually there is an exposed wire from a old heater or other electric item in the tank. Check your heater for cracks too as I believe that can cause the shocks.

Or maybe you are just conducting a lot of electricity yourself. Do you walk around on carpet with socks? or better yet... wool socks? lol. Good luck figuring it out. and be careful!!

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
no, the molly fry in the tank are still alive.
yes, I am wearing socks and my room is carpeted.

attackfish21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2009
Seattle, Wa
TTTT;3753471; said:
yes, I am wearing socks and my room is carpeted.
Lol. Then maybe your socks are the culprit! :) I have found that if I wear wool socks around and then go poke my finger in the tank i get a bit of a shock similar to touching a metal door handle or car after walking around. Anyways, It may not be what you are experiencing, I just thought i would get a laugh out. good luck again. :)

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
I can't think of anything but a busted heater. I always wear socks, and almost my entire house, including my room, is fully carpeted. I'm surprised the fish are alive, lol

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
One thing you can do to keep from dying is use a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store