Just witnessed my Pbass doing something really stupid...

Crazyfish88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
BC, Canada
I was feeding my fish Hikari food sticks and while my Aros and cichlids were munching away one of my Pbass dashed towards my thermometer and smashes it...the thermometer is the ones that are glass/floats and uses a suction cup. My Pbass was actually trying to eat it! He has a cut in his lip now and he turned all black from it. Hopefully he's ok. I had to siphon all the glass out and did a small wc and added aquarium salt. I didn't do a major one cuz I just did a 40% wc yesterday. Hopefully I didn't leave any glass laying around. Now I know not to use those glass thermometers and stick with the sticker type ones for monster fish.

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
If its the same one as mine they have little metal pellets on the end. When mine broke i couldn't siphon them, but I took my magnet algae scraper and hovered over the metal pellets. Worked like a charm.

Crazyfish88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
BC, Canada
Citrinellus;3754129; said:
If its the same one as mine they have little metal pellets on the end. When mine broke i couldn't siphon them, but I took my magnet algae scraper and hovered over the metal pellets. Worked like a charm.

Ya should be the same but he didn't break the bottom of it so no metal pellets fell out, it snapped in the middle and my Pbass actually ate tiny bit of glass...I hope he's fine.

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
See if he can eat a thawed frozen pea it usually clears up any blockage and cleans the digestive system of many cichlids. You can also soak it in crushed garlic cloves to help him to take it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store