Plant species for a Columbia biotope?

Diogenes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham, AL
My tank is done cycling, I am going to put the light ballast on as soon as I get a chance. I am planning on doing a columbian biotope. Thanks to mongabay I've selected my fish species:

29g planted

10-12 palmeri emperor tetras
1 pair of apistos (agassizi's, cacatouides, hongsloi)
6-8 corydaros
2-3 Oto's

Unfortunately I haven't had much luck finding a plant species list for columbia. I was wondering if any one could send any information my way. Thanks.

-C

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
Most aquatic neotropical plants are widely distributed. Swords (Amazon and E. cordata), hairgrass (E. acicularis, E. montevidensis, E. parvula), cabomba, hornwort, Brazilian waterweed, American val, and many others are widely distributed in tropical and subtropical America and should be appropriate for your tank.

I should point out that, while your fish are all present in Colombia, they are not all from the same parts of Colombia. Not that it matters, I just don't know how much of a purist you want to be with this tank.

Diogenes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Noto;3755846; said:
Most aquatic neotropical plants are widely distributed. Swords (Amazon and E. cordata), hairgrass (E. acicularis, E. montevidensis, E. parvula), cabomba, hornwort, Brazilian waterweed, American val, and many others are widely distributed in tropical and subtropical America and should be appropriate for your tank.

I should point out that, while your fish are all present in Colombia, they are not all from the same parts of Colombia. Not that it matters, I just don't know how much of a purist you want to be with this tank.
thanks. i appreciate it. The colombia thing is really more a unifying theme than it is a biotope, but yeah. I'd like to try and maintain some accuracy. Thanks again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store