Need suggestions for awesome fish

5_fish_in_a_pond

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2009
Northern Illinois
One of my close friends wants to give her boyfriend a fish for a present. He has kept fish before, but currently is fishless :eek: She wants to get him a really awesome fish, but not just the normal goldfish- so we need your help! so what i would like you to do is list your favorite fish, even put a picture if you'd like, so i can give her a list of awesome fish to chose from! :headbang2

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
i first wanna know how big is the tank or pond, i can't suggest right now. that's the first basic info when asking stocklist.

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Plakat betta. Something like this;

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
peewee;3756371; said:
i first wanna know how big is the tank or pond, i can't suggest right now. that's the first basic info when asking stocklist.
Agreed. Answering this thread with out that info would be irresponsible.

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
Even if you know of the tank size, I still feel it not good to buy an appropriate fish. It might just be me, but I would never buy someone a fish without them first OKing the exact fish. There's alot to consider. I always tell people NEVER to buy me a fish. This is just my take on things.

If anything, get him a betta and be done with it.

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
barracuda123;3756375; said:
silver arowana
flowerhorn
peacock bass
red tail catfish

What is the size of the tank??
I don't think this tank's gonna be big enough for any of those.

Kcoastsurfguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
MD
Bad idea to give a fish as a present, without them knowing what there getting before you buy it for them

D12DetroitD12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Monroe, Michigan/Toledo, Ohio
I know a lot of people may not think this way but i try to treat buying a fish as if it were a dog, Only buy it if you know you can care for it or you will have problems down the road.

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
why not give a new tank and the fish too, awesome combo

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store