what to house in a 1.5 gallon tank??

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
Well i found a $25 gift card that i never used and since i don't ever shop at target, i figured i might as well use it to order a tank. this is the only reasonable thing i could find online: http://www.target.com/WaterWonders-...e=30&id=WaterWonders Aquarium Kit gallon Cube

it's supposed to have an internal filter and a light, so those two should be able to keep the temp up to par for a while. Obviously not a lot of fish will be able to be kept in it and as for plants, i doubt the light will even be 1 watt, so unless I decide to strip the light and DIY it, which i might... plants are a no. I was thinking either a betta fish or some ghost shrimp, maybe a trio of mosquito fish.

Any other suggestions???

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
dwarf puffers, african dwarf frog, shrimps, and maybe some tetras

gt1009

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wilmington, NC
I've seen that tank in person. The filter is basically a little air driven internal filter. It uses a typical bio-bag style cartridge. You could probably plant it and do some shrimp, not much else though.

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
I have that tank at home, I have a small cherry blossom tree in it with a really nice male bright blue betta in it along with a really small chinese algae eater, and the air pump and "filter" it gives you is junk, I had to go get a new one and little bubble stone about 3 months after having it. I'm about to put a few bamboo plants in it to give it that really nice oriental look :)

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
Matt724;3757963; said:
well, are there any gobies that'll survive in there? like one cool goby with is own cave and sand would be cool. will a desert goby live in there?
bumble bee goby :D

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
The tank literally has little to no room to put much aquascaping in it sadly :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store