Where to keep betta offpsring?

Nabbig2

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 28, 2007
California
I might be breeding bettas some time, and I plan to keep most if not all of the fry, and I want to give them decent living spaces. What are some good containers for keeping masses of bettas? Thanks.

Malt_Vinegar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2009
UK
A load of plastic betta hex tanks?

Not ideal, but you are going to have a lot of fish to look after...
Perhaps a divided up small tank?

Malt_Vinegar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2009
UK
endli;3758303; said:
all you need is a jar for a single betta, I've seen people keeping them
Well, perhaps, but its not exactly humane, or fair on the thing.

A double hex per fish is probably about the minimum acceptable size..

endli

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2010
house of endlis
sorry no small jar, a bigger one I think, I've seen people selling them here in lfs just like that without any powerhead whatsoever, strange though, I dont know how the fish survive from that

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
If your planning on keeping a huge aray of fry that you have bred then you will need like said a devided tank,or lots of indivual tanks..its cruel keeping them in a cup or a jar, my friend breeds betta splendens,its his bussiness and has a large rack with indivual tanks at 1.5ft/1ft...in each he has a bubble sponge filter which hes connected all together and runs a massive pump which pumps them all, room is heated and tank temps are constant 25-26c

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
WOO!!!

Nabbig2

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 28, 2007
California
Whoa, that is a system that looks useful. Do you know where to get those containers? Hopefully they are cheaper than the plastic betta hex tanks-I have a couple, but they are expensive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store