old tank

vnzlnboardguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2009
miami fl
I got my hand on a 120 gallon tank that was set-up as a salt water aquarium for many years. I want to make the tank a fresh water set-up for my living room. The tank is in fair conditions but I cant get the glass to be clear. I have been using vinigar for a while and it helped but did not solve the problem. so then I used other stronger household detergents. Does anyone know what I might be able to use to clean the whitish bloches on the tank.

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
Are they still visible when it is filled with water? Some of my tanks that have been set up for a few years look hazy when the glass is dry, but appear perfectly clear when filled. If they don't go away when wet, have you tried a razor blade? You need to be careful not to scratch the glass obviously, but it's not hard to do.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I agree with the above posts. Worst case scenario is CLR, but that should be a last resort and you should make sure the tank is REALLY clean afterward.

turtlesrock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2009
U.S.A
Pharaoh;3759328; said:
I agree with the above posts. Worst case scenario is CLR, but that should be a last resort and you should make sure the tank is REALLY clean afterward.

i use CLR to clean my glass lids, and tank sides all the time. ofcourse i always wash it really well after

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store