A stupid survey..

murdermydolly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Philippines
guys give some examples of feeder fish..coz' the available feeder fish on our LFS is only japanese koi 2-3" if u have some idea pls reply to this thread

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Guppies, platies, mollies. Livebearers tend to work really well.

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
japanese koi's?!?!? wow. but yea livebearers tend to work best cause you can buy a couple and breed them. cost efficient :D

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
fisher12889;3764425; said:
Any fish can be a feeder if it's small enough
:iagree:
All fish are feeders whether it's an Asian Arowana, Peacock Bass, Convict, or Goldfish. A "feeder" is basically a smaller fish that can be eaten by another fish. People commonly use Guppies, Minnows, and Goldfish here. And another popular one are Convict Fry.

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
benzjamin13;3764438; said:
:iagree:
All fish are feeders whether it's an Asian Arowana, Peacock Bass, Convict, or Goldfish. A "feeder" is basically a smaller fish that can be eaten by another fish. People commonly use Guppies, Minnows, and Goldfish here. And another popular one are Convict Fry.

+1

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
most stores/wholesalers will supply goldfish, guppies, or minnows as feeders...can't imagine why none are available where you are

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
I find feeder guppies to be so riddled with disease that it's not even funny

murdermydolly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Philippines
on our LFS the smallest fish that i can bought is jap koi.. the gold fish are too big for my 9" micro..argh my dad says go and find mollies but im tired looking on another LFS on our country and its 1-2hrs road trip before i reached the next lfs waste of time right.and i have no choice i need to buy the 2-3" jap koi's or else my micro will die coz of hunger.. :(

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
You could try netting some blue panchax killies if they live in your area. There are introduced mosquitofish in your area as well. Check out this list and see what's reasonable. Just make sure you quarantine first.
http://fish.mongabay.com/data/Philippines.htm

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store