what small cichlid can i breed in my 10g besides convicts!

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
what small cichlid can i breed in my 10g besides convicts! :D

therevolution

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2009
maryland
japes;3764489; said:
I wouldn't even keep Apistogramma in a tank that small.

I agree, a 10g is too small for any single cichlid realistically, much less a breeding pair.. If you really want to breed some why not just get a bigger tank? Look at craigslist in your area, you should be able to find a steal if you look everyday for a while.

fishie111

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2008
New England
I wouldn't breed convicts in a 10G. No Central Americans, and probably not any South Americans. My nannacara pair is pretty small, but they need lots of dithers to feel comfortable.

Some would say apistos- but some of them need more space- you'd have to choose with caution.

Maybe shelldwellers? (They are African.)

Jimmy Side eye

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
Birmingham(England)
Go for 'Brine shrimp' they'll be ok!!!!

Sarah88

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2009
Wilmington, NC
maybe a pair of rams? but yeah look on craigslist for little bigger tank, if you can find a 20g Long or 30g then you could def keep apistos or rams and some dither fish with them

jbru70

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2009
Bend, Oregon
therevolution;3764499; said:
I agree, a 10g is too small for any single cichlid realistically, much less a breeding pair.. If you really want to breed some why not just get a bigger tank? Look at craigslist in your area, you should be able to find a steal if you look everyday for a while.

I have to agree.......watch craigslist. I see free tanks and fish on there all the time. I would suggest a 20 long as a bare minimum for apistos. I saw a 40 gallon breeder tank with a light hood and top at petsmart for $103.

Lets face it if you're truly a "monsterfishkeeper" then ur gonna want a bigger tank anyway:naughty:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store