How to clean aquarium glass

fhawk362

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2009
Royal palm beach, FL
I just bought a 150 gallon tank and wanted to clean it before I put it up, it looks like it has some slight oxidation or something of the sort near the top, do you guys recommend anything to clean it, something similar happened to my 30 gallon and after holding water for a few days went away on its own. Also keep in mind i plan on putting it up saturday so recommend something safe for fish.
Thank you all

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
i usually use vinegar and a sponge to clean out tanks. you can use bleach diluted 1 part bleach to 10 parts water as well. but you MUST use unscented bleach. i always feel better using vinegar first though since you don't need to rinse it as much once you get it all cleaned out. if you use the bleach, just be sure to rinse it well and treat with something that removes chlorine

justin guest

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2008
Australia
If the above methods don´t work well enough try hydrochloric acid (is fish safe) but use at a strength weaker than 5% for safety reasons, and be careful with splashing and skin contact. Rubber gloves should suffice as hand protection.

j<><

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store