tank just got a small crack..what do I do?? (pic inside)

hamads

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2008
hawaii
heres the deal, usually on my 125g I only fill it to about 2" below the bottom of the top frame. today after I cleaned it I thought I might as well fill it to the bottom of the frame so theres no waterline..well after about 5 min I heard something funky and in the corner of my eye I seen this crap

I already drained out the water to put the tank level back to how I usually keep it but what do you guys think I need to do? The crack isn't through the front glass but I do see it w/in..right now there is no leaks and its been about 20 min. any advice? thanks

fishloaf666

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2009
mi
wow that is crazy that small incriment of pressure did that. is the tank sitting level? i guess i would drain a lil out back to how it was and wait it out lol

hamads

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2008
hawaii
the tank has been sitting filled for over 3 months now. the right side is maybe 1/8" lower (if that)..I put a 3ft level on it when I first set the tank in place and it fell w/in the bubble

packer43064

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
This is the kind of thing that some will say your fine but then others will not and say put it away.

therevolution

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2009
maryland
I cant believe that would happen from such a minor increase in water. Are you sure it just happened or could it have been there a while?

hamads

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2008
hawaii
I'm certain it wasn't there, I cleaned the front glass completely with a magfloat. The crack is above the lower trim and substrate

CornBread

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
memphis, tn
First is the tank glass or plastic
If glass then get about a 2x2 piece of glass cut for both sides and glue in place making sure it is tight and directly on the site. Reseal the area in and out and make sure your tank is even front to back and side to side for equal distribution. ]

If plastic then its all on the ideas and tricks of what MFK and LFS may have for you because I just dont know but to use it for a reptile tank or something of that nature

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
if you've got a small crack, try to observe if it widens and for safety reasons try to leseen the water inside.

Austin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2005
CornBread;3783340; said:
First is the tank glass or plastic
If glass then get about a 2x2 piece of glass cut for both sides and glue in place making sure it is tight and directly on the site. Reseal the area in and out and make sure your tank is even front to back and side to side for equal distribution. ]

If plastic then its all on the ideas and tricks of what MFK and LFS may have for you because I just dont know but to use it for a reptile tank or something of that nature
did you even look at the picture. it's on a seam. that's gonna look great to.

i would keep a close eye, like someone said, could last a day or a lifetime...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store