Large Tank Filtration

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Purchased a Clarity CL-3 which the vendor is holding for me until we need it.
http://www.koienterprise.com/Clarity-Protein-Skimmers-sc-546.html

It's going to be running off a 330 gallon sump fed by two external overflow boxes. The overflow boxes are 48"L x 6"W x 18" deep. One of the Ultimas will also be plumbed into the sump. There are 12 holes drilled into the top of the tank for 1.5" pipe. Main mechanical filtration will be 4 large spa filters run by two ReeFlo Hammerhead pumps. Because the fishroom has yet to be built (DIY), there will be plumbing--drains, water, and electrical outlets where they are needed. We're one engineering report away from getting our building permit. The filtration room is triangular-shaped and will be full. We think we can get the old 300 gallon tank in there, too....don't know what we'll do with it, but we can probably find some use for it.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
OMG ! I remember asking a while back and you sent me the awesome plans VIA PM I wont spoil any surprises for anybody but I really cant wait for this one. Way to go pacu mom ! Best of luck.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Thanks! We're going to need it now that the building addition is a DIY affair. They're threatening to ship the tank (which I purchased late August) anytime. They've been gracious in delaying the shipping this long. When it arrives, it will be placed on a flatbed trailer by forklift. The trailer and tank will go into a large storage unit, until we have a place for the tank. The whole process started in August, and we still don't have the building permit in hand. Not to mention that it could rain every day until May. We're going to have to work around the rain. This is hard for an impatient person. :(

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
pacu mom;3789372; said:
Thanks! We're going to need it now that the building addition is a DIY affair. They're threatening to ship the tank (which I purchased late August) anytime. They've been gracious in delaying the shipping this long. When it arrives, it will be placed on a flatbed trailer by forklift. The trailer and tank will go into a large storage unit, until we have a place for the tank. The whole process started in August, and we still don't have the building permit in hand. Not to mention that it could rain every day until May. We're going to have to work around the rain. This is hard for an impatient person. :(
I can imagine that is stressful.... wow :nilly:

Let me know if you guys need a hand or anything. I can get plumbing supplies HVAC and refrigeration goodies from a wholesaler with my contractors discount. Also love to see the monster builds go together would gladly lend a hand if needed.

Best of luck ,
Tcarswell

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store