Largest dovii in private aquaria?

cchhcc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA USA
I don't know about biggest (he very well may be), but coolest perhaps! That hump is awesome! And what a mouth!

If that's a 30" high 600 gallon, I think my dovii is as long -- not nearly as humpilicious though!

(I know, I know......worthless without pics! Must-have-video-editing-help----will-show-video. Check the other Parachromis thread for a pic.)

Reagan's may be bigger. He had an "accident" today with a 10" xiloa I sent him. The xiloa somehow found its way in his dovii's mouth. I know my fish would struggle with a 10" feeder!

I am told Spencer Jack's dovii is Orca-sized too.

BUT, until pics, Mel's fish wins! His youtube vid is the best!

perun28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2005
Canada
cchhcc;3812296; said:
I don't know about biggest (he very well may be), but coolest perhaps! That hump is awesome! And what a mouth!

If that's a 30" high 600 gallon, I think my dovii is as long -- not nearly as humpilicious though!

(I know, I know......worthless without pics! Must-have-video-editing-help----will-show-video. Check the other Parachromis thread for a pic.)

Reagan's may be bigger. He had an "accident" today with a 10" xiloa I sent him. The xiloa somehow found its way in his dovii's mouth. I know my fish would struggle with a 10" feeder!

I am told Spencer Jack's dovii is Orca-sized too.

BUT, until pics, Mel's fish wins! His youtube vid is the best!
post any pic even a crappy quality ,we have to see those monsters:)

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
F0 fo shure dawg!

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
After half an hour of trying to estimate his size we decided hes probably 18". Seems much larger in person though. Ha.

I have many more photos, some of the female I'll go through after work today. Just wait till you see the 1000 gallon tank with three fish in it!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store