id?

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
sorry for the long start, but i am all confused with this ray...i have so responces in my new pick up thread in the lounge...with no offence to those answers i would like some more opinons, so i figured a thread deticated to the id of this ray would be more productive then in the lounge...it's disc is 5-6", it has tail spikes( zoodiver gave me the name but i will have to look it up)...i have herd reg. retic or red flower caqueta/ red retic...the under belly is white witch from what i understand the red flower caqueta has a pattern under it...i have also herd the retic's have spikes that they lose and that retics are the only rays that don't have them... i am all mixed up cause it looks diff. from the pair of retics i have now...and i have searched red flower caqueta and i am not sure from what i have seen...it is female here are the pics i have now...she is more golden/tan spots, with blue/black under color...thanx...i put a pic of my male up for direct comparison...

gerar 190.jpg

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
part of my confution is that her spots are solid and every retic i have seen has flowery sopts with some to most of them with holes in them...jeffs sale thread has some pic of the red flower caqueta that look closer but idk

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
then i see this ray in a diff thread, looks similar, but i don't think i am that lucky...though it was more money then the reg. retics they had at the store...
i just cut and pasted the pic...

Here's an Orbigyi x LeoPearl

Orbigyi genes dominant

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Retic. The lighting does make it look more like the red caqueta. What size is this ray? If I remember, your other retics are smaller so they won't have tail spikes yet.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
spotfin;3821785; said:
Retic. The lighting does make it look more like the red caqueta. What size is this ray? If I remember, your other retics are smaller so they won't have tail spikes yet.
the light is white...it looks the same in sunlight...it is 5-6" and my other retics are 4-5"...i thought that retics lost their spikes as they grow bigger

omojena;3821944; said:
i still maintain its a red flower caqueta...
with no offence intended in the search every ray that look diff, but simmilar to a retic you posted that it was a red flower caqueta...do you have a pic of a confermed red flower caqueta that you are useing as a referince? if yes post it...like i said no offence, but just about every thread that came up in the search had you iding the rays as a red flower caqueta...so if i were to just judge my id off of that i would only take your opinion and not others....i would like more then 1 opinon to go off of...every one freaks out on the internet so again no offence to you and don't take it personal...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store