Wondering if this is a Crocodile gar type II - Yes I read stickies

PredatorKeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Hi,
I'm new here, but not so new to the aquarium hobby. I've been keeping fish since I was in middle school and now recently have moved into housing some monster predator fish.

I recently went to the LFS and was suprised to find they had alligator gar babies there (2"), the other LFS closer to me had said they hadn't seen one in Illinois in over 3 years. I had done my research before going out and going bonkers and purchasing a beast that could be potentially taller than myself (6'). I do understand that I'll be needing upwards of 250+ gallons to house them and I plan on constructing a couple plywood tanks sometime in the very near future.

So tell me what do you think, is this a Crocodile Gar Species II? I believe that the pictures found in the sticky http://www.primitivefishes.com/Gars.htm resemble almost identically to one of the 2 supposed alligator gars sold to me.

Let me know what you think, if one of the two is that species his/her name will be Dundee.

Pics 1 - 2 Alligator Gar baby 3"

Pics 3 - 4 Alligator Gar baby 3" (this is the one that I believe resembles the Gator Gar Species II)

Pics 5 - 7 Alligator Gar baby 3"

Pics 8 - 10 More of one that resembles Gator Gar Species II

Let me know what you think, will post some pics of the rest of the fish we have sometime soon.

Thanks!

alligator_gar_#2.jpg

alligator_gar_#3.jpg

dundee.jpg

gator_gar_yo.jpg

alligator_gar_01.jpg

alligator_gar_02.jpg

alligator_gars_yo.jpg

gator_gar_speciesII_01.jpg

gator_gar_speciesII_02.jpg

gator_gar_speciesII_03.jpg

zoomed.com